Saturday, June 21, 2008

150km (or 5th 100km)

I claimed that riding 150km was simply a matter of riding far enough. It's true, but it hurts a lot and is just a little bit boring. Sitting for nearly 6 hours in one place is somewhat tedious, and certainly a pain in the ass. However, I didn't do it to see how it felt -- I don't really do things just to see how they feel -- and I knew it would be bad. I did it to see whether I could do it. I can't say that I'll do it again in a hurry, but I'm glad I did it, glad I could do it.

The stats, for what it's worth: distance 150.52km, time 5 hours 47 minutes and 39 seconds, average speed 25.9km/h, and maximum speed 48.2km/h. A world of pain.

This incidentally was one of my goals for the season -- and I'm half way to achieving my 10 times 100km for the year.

No comments: